The Culinary Ministry provides the support and service to all ministries of New Vision Church. We support the ministries for meetings, training workshops and special services with meals and/or refreshments. We also serve repast for members in bereavement, wedding receptions and other church supported functions. The Culinary Ministry oversees the operation of the kitchen, including its use, cleanliness, and maintenance of the church kitchen and its equipment. This ministry is adaptable to ever evolving circumstances with vision to the goal of “Strengthening the bonds of Family through Fellowship”. Hebrews 10:24
Anytime we are called upon to serve is an opportunity we graciously accept to show our love for God’s people by serving our members and guests with a well-balanced meal. “Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” Hebrews 13:2 This Ministry is lead by Sista Charlotte Cook.
Responsibilities of the Culinary Ministry:
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for the use of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the kitchen and its contents.
- Maintains an inventory of all kitchen equipment, supplies and assets.
- Develop and recommend to the Budget Committee a budget for operation of the kitchen and for the acquisition of needed equipment and supplies.
Coordinates menus and meals for special fellowship dinners, various church-wide functions, hosted special events.
- Schedule the use of the kitchen and fellowship hall by other Ministries within the Church and by outside organizations or individuals.
- Upon request, assist with the preparations of wedding receptions, funeral repast, and other special functions.
- Set up, clean and put away all kitchen supplies used during functions
Coordinate special requirements required for a visiting Minister.
- Purchase necessary food items for annual functions or other events at the request of the Pastor.